Green Lizard Technologies Ltd, founded in 2015, is a spin–out company from Queen’s University Belfast with the vision to provide green sustainable technological solutions to the chemical industry.
We focus on solving immediate problems and providing a mechanism to incubate new ideas and scope new innovations in a fast and effective manner.
What makes GLT unique is our ability to identify innovative technologies and accelerate their commercialisation and deployment within the sustainable energy and chemical industries.
Working with our industrial partners and building on our academic research GLT has developed a portfolio of novel, green technologies;
- Green glycidol
- Triglyceride refining
- PET recycling
- Waste plastics recycling
- DMC production
- Energy storage
- Over £14m invested in projects to date
- 8 awards including IChemE ‘Best Business Start up’ Global Award 2018
- An extensive and diverse skill–set gained in both the Chemical Industry and Academia
- R&D carried out in Queens University Belfast with scale up and semi–commercial operations at Wilton Centre, Teesside
- A highly experienced Board of Directors who collectively provide a range of vital skills and experience including commercialisation, entrepreneurship, leadership, financial, operational, legal, strategic planning and business development.